Home >> Real Estate Articles >> Dos and Donts for Buyers and Sellers
Dos and Donts for Buyers and Sellers
- Never buy a home without getting it inspected even if it is new construction.
- If you have to sell to buy. Get your home on the market and get a feel for the traffic before you start looking.
- Talk to a lender, set your budget and pre-approved.
- After looking at comparable sales, make a realistic move. Every homeowner looked at the same comparable before pricing their home. Yes, some homes are over priced but most are priced well for today’s market. Make a reasonable offer.
- When selling your home be flexible. If leaving the flat screen TV makes the sale, then leave it.
- Get your home in good repair. Having your home inspected before putting it on the market is the best idea and fix what needs fixing.
- Don’t get greedy. Your home is only worth what buyers are willing to pay. Don’t think you are going to get more than comparable homes in your neighborhood. Price is everything in this market.
- Don’t get personal – remove your “collection” of things. You may love roosters but one is enough for homebuyers to see. The same for lots of family photos, limit them to a few favorites.
- Don’t be offended – when a buyer offers you a lot less than your list price. They thought enough to put an offer on paper so they must like your home. Lets be mad at the 20-50 other people who looked at your home and never made an offer.
People Also Read
Fun Facts - Thanksgiving
We are sure you've heard stories on the history of Thanksgiving a million times, and will probably hear even more this week. Well then, allow us to enlighten you with some strange and funny facts about the famous holiday that you might not have heard...
The Central Texas Hill Country
The Central Texas Hill Country is an amazing place in which to Live, Work, Play and Invest!With our exceptional and convenient location between three other major Texas Cities ~ Houston, San Antonio & Dallas ~ you will find that the Austin and Hig...
The Risks Of Selling A Property With A Tenant
If you want to sell your house with a tenant for the highest and best price, even the best tenant can be a detriment…. Why? It takes a lot of work and devotion to get the house show-ready and keep it that way during the entire listing period. Mos...
Tips for Home Buyers Part II
Are you ready to submit an offer on the Home of your Dreams?? 1) Make sure you have all the facts!! Assuming you are working with a Real Estate Professional (and you should be) they should automatically be prepared to run a CMA ...