Home >> Real Estate Articles >> Dos and Donts for Buyers and Sellers
Dos and Donts for Buyers and Sellers
- Never buy a home without getting it inspected even if it is new construction.
- If you have to sell to buy. Get your home on the market and get a feel for the traffic before you start looking.
- Talk to a lender, set your budget and pre-approved.
- After looking at comparable sales, make a realistic move. Every homeowner looked at the same comparable before pricing their home. Yes, some homes are over priced but most are priced well for today’s market. Make a reasonable offer.
- When selling your home be flexible. If leaving the flat screen TV makes the sale, then leave it.
- Get your home in good repair. Having your home inspected before putting it on the market is the best idea and fix what needs fixing.
- Don’t get greedy. Your home is only worth what buyers are willing to pay. Don’t think you are going to get more than comparable homes in your neighborhood. Price is everything in this market.
- Don’t get personal – remove your “collection” of things. You may love roosters but one is enough for homebuyers to see. The same for lots of family photos, limit them to a few favorites.
- Don’t be offended – when a buyer offers you a lot less than your list price. They thought enough to put an offer on paper so they must like your home. Lets be mad at the 20-50 other people who looked at your home and never made an offer.
People Also Read
The Most Costly Mistake in Selling Your Home
Choose the right real estate agent to market your home. You must rely on your agent for accurate comparative sales statistics and pricing guidance. A good agent provides the facts to help you avoid the worst mistake you can make: overpricing. Alas, n...
The Selling Process - Today
You might think that selling your home would be an easy process… 1) Call a Realtor, put sign in the yard 2) Magically a buyer comes along offers you what you want 3) They get their loan approved for your asking price 4) Off you go...
The Inspection Before the Inspection
Written by Carla Hill The Pre-Inspection Inspection Every good buyer knows that once you are truly interested in a home you need to a have a thorough inspection done. This important step can keep you from making a big mistake or on the opposite...
Getting Your Home Ready For Winter
While this fall has been mild and enjoyable for the most part, winter is right around the corner, and with it a number of problems that can plague home owners who are not prepared for it. To help you get ready for all of the ice, snow, and possible h...