Home >> Real Estate Articles >> Dos and Donts for Buyers and Sellers
Dos and Donts for Buyers and Sellers
- Never buy a home without getting it inspected even if it is new construction.
- If you have to sell to buy. Get your home on the market and get a feel for the traffic before you start looking.
- Talk to a lender, set your budget and pre-approved.
- After looking at comparable sales, make a realistic move. Every homeowner looked at the same comparable before pricing their home. Yes, some homes are over priced but most are priced well for today’s market. Make a reasonable offer.
- When selling your home be flexible. If leaving the flat screen TV makes the sale, then leave it.
- Get your home in good repair. Having your home inspected before putting it on the market is the best idea and fix what needs fixing.
- Don’t get greedy. Your home is only worth what buyers are willing to pay. Don’t think you are going to get more than comparable homes in your neighborhood. Price is everything in this market.
- Don’t get personal – remove your “collection” of things. You may love roosters but one is enough for homebuyers to see. The same for lots of family photos, limit them to a few favorites.
- Don’t be offended – when a buyer offers you a lot less than your list price. They thought enough to put an offer on paper so they must like your home. Lets be mad at the 20-50 other people who looked at your home and never made an offer.
People Also Read
You may be in violation of the NAR Code of Ethics
You may be in violation of the NAR Code of Ethics You may be in violation of the NAR Code of Ethics and not be aware that you are. The National Association of Realtors® has made it mandatory for all Realtors® to take the Code of E...
Are you a buyer preparing to close on a house? Now is a good time to refresh yourself on the most common closing costs. There are more expenses to buying a house than just the monthly mortgage payment. More than likely you'll need to come up with so...
Planning To Sell Your House
Some Simple Steps 1. Find the right representative The experience and knowledge of a dedicated real estate professional can be priceless. A good Realtor® forms a powerful team with his or her clients that makes it possible for them to have a sm...
But I Was Not Going To But My Spouse On The Loan
When a couple decides to buy a home and applies for a loan the first step is to have a mortgage company run your credit. Maybe the husband works and the wife does not, or both of you work but his credit is not great. You want to try to get the loan o...